Data Protection Officer
– Get the globally recognized IAPP Data Protection Officer certification
You will be certified in the global industry standard in personal data. The combination of the legal foundation and knowledge to implement successful privacy programs qualifies you for the role of Data Protection Officer and enables you to advise in the field. You will be able to live up to the DPO requirement and be prepared for the new data protection regulation.
You will achieve:
- Paper that you are completely up to date in the field of personal data law and can work with it in practice as well as the necessary tools for working with privacy programs in your own or others' company
- Knowledge to advise others in personal data and areas such as information security, marketing, IT, compliance, product development and privacy programs
The EU's new data protection regulation imposes stricter requirements on companies and public authorities to have control over personal data and security. If you do not have control over personal data in the future, it can have serious consequences - not least due to the new higher fine limits that come with the new personal data regulation. One of the requirements of the new Personal Data Regulation is that many organizations must appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Fundamentals of Information Privacy
- Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Online Privacy
- Privacy Management
- Privacy Program Government
- Privacy Operational Life Circle
- Data Protection Law
- Personal Data
- Processing Personal Data
- International Data Transfers
To be certified, after the 2 teaching days at JUC, you must book time for the certification test, which is based on the material you have received training in. The test is a computer-based, multiple choice test and is taken at your own coputer. There are 90 questions in total and you have 2.5 hours to answer them. To maintain your certification, you must continuously train in personal data and collect 20 CPE points every two years
The DPO certification is for anyone involved in the work of personal data and data protection programs, who uses, processes or maintains data. You are e.g. lawyer, corporate lawyer, employee of a public authority, Data Protection Officer, Data Protection Manager, auditor, Legal Compliance Officer, IT manager or Information Manager. You can both work in the private or public sector.
You get access to a electronic compendium, which you should have read before the lesson. In addition, you will be given relevant teaching material on the day.
The course can be approved as compulsory continuing education for lawyers.